Wednesday, February 6, 2008

So, church was great today. It's my absolute favorite place to be... and I think, if given the opportunity I would spend every ounce of time there. The Lord has given me a genuine passion for His house, and His people.

I must say though, that the drive home was interesting. It was a rainy drive, accompanied by a Matt Kearney cd. But... the pleasant sound of rain lightly falling on my car window and some good tunes did not drown out my overwhelming, and slightly burdensome thoughts. There's been something on my mind and heart now for almost a year. The Lord knows my deepest groanings, but at times, I wish I could tell those closest to me in hopes to find some understanding, or comfort, or... something. Yet, my deepest fear is that the only words of comfort will be words that I can't bear to hear.

For now, this heavy heart will have to stay hidden from many, and laid bare to just One...

Goodnight all.

"Hear my cry, O God;
Give heed to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a refuge for me,
A tower of strength against the enemy.
Let me dwell in Your tent forever;
Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. Selah."

-Psalm 61: 1-4

No comments: