Friday, February 22, 2008

Laid Bare

I think that you only know me on a superficial level. You present me with quite a paradox… I trust you so much but yet I’m afraid to show you that I have substance beyond “elevator conversation” and teenager-like ambitions. I’m afraid that if you get to know me for who I really am, that you’ll run. That’s the last thing I want.


Because of my improper attachment to you, I’ve had to break away from almost all conversation… but you have no idea just how much I miss you.

You speak confidence, but your character shouts evidence of insecurity and flaws. I feel pity for you, to be honest, because I can see that you’re not truly living.

I listen to what you say and how you act, and it hurts me. I want so badly for you to grow up, but you seem to stay at the same level of immaturity. You project your feelings of inadequacy on me, and you try to bring me down to your level. It’s sad, really. You don’t understand what it means to love, and you can’t seem to find your way to adulthood.

You have had such a huge impact on my life. I will never forget the day that you put all else aside and just prayed with me for an hour because you knew that it’s what I needed. You genuinely care, and you’re incredibly loyal… and I love that about you.

These are five different people ... all of which have had a greater impact than "common folk" on my life and who I am. It's interesting how honest I can be when I'm not naming those that I'm speaking of.

On a different note... Here's my picture of the day. I think that people who take pictures of themselves are weirdos... but I did it anyway. Oh well.

No comments: