Saturday, May 5, 2012

Eternal Weight of Glory


"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death works in us, but life in you." -2 Corinthians 4:7-12


How easily we forget. There is a PURPOSE to persecution. A PURPOSE to affliction. Not to bring about strength in our mortal bodies... not to buffet our ever decaying flesh- but to manifest the life and power of CHRIST! How easily we are overtaken by the simple occurrences that we "do not deserve". Who am I to turn away the opportunity to shine in the strength of my Lord? Who am I to decline a more intimate relationship with Him for the purpose of my COMFORT?!


I forgot this week. I became discouraged. I was weighed down by "momentary light affliction" that I could have embraced for the purpose of an ETERNAL weight of glory. Do not find yourself in the same position. You will miss out on the ultimate PRIZE. 


Have a blessed Saturday, beloved friends. 

No comments: