Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cling

"And Peter had followed Him at a distance, right into the courtyard of the high priest; and he was sitting with the officers, and warming himself at the fire." -Mark 14:54

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you..." James 4:8

     Peter followed Christ at a distance. He did not cling to the life-giving Son of God. Do you realize what happens when you do as Peter did? What does it mean to follow Him at a distance?

     We only know as much about Him as we want to know. My Lord reveals Himself fully... entirely. Yet, I step away and cling to anything and everything other than Him. When there is space between me and the heart of my Savior, there is room for the enemy to inflict pain... to distract... to bring doubt.

     On the contrary, when I am right there next to the Lord... there is rest. Peace. Contentment. Steadfastness of heart. Reason to continue and something- or better yet SOMEONE- to hold onto. 


There is no pain too great for Your hand, O Lord-
Won't You be near to me?
Not a temptation You don't understand, O Lord-
Will You come near to me?
If I don't cling to You, I don't live, O Lord-
Please, always be near to me. 

No comments: