Friday, November 2, 2007

Who dares go there?

I wonder how often my eyes scream, "PLEASE, know me...". After all, isn't that what we all want? I simply desire a tangible representation that I am fully known, yet still accepted. How I would love to be vulnerable to the point of real, depth-of-soul trust. The Lord knows me better than I could ever even know myself, but I long for the knowledge that another knows those deep, hidden parts of me, yet still looks in my eyes and sees a beautiful future of imperfection.

Tell me... does that one exist? Is there one willing to look past the superficial exterior and love what is buried beneath the surface?

Father, You know the depth of my longing. Teach me to patiently wait for what only You can see. I see that which is unattainable and I cry out to simply grasp that which I know I can not hold onto... only for a moment of satisfaction.

No comments: