Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Emotionally Driven

It seems that each moment this week has been a battle to not let my "desperately wicked" heart and fleeting emotions govern my time. I hate it that I'm so driven by emotions, but I can't escape the flesh that I still dwell in. I can only ask that my Lord would grant me access to the heavenly realm of thought, and "away-time" from this wicked body of death.

What a morbid start to what was supposed to be a happy entry... sorry, folks.

On a different note... today, I experienced the smell of comfort. Goodness... I'm starting to sound New Age. Trust me, that could not be further away from my religious classification. Anyway- I walked into the elevator at school and for some reason, it smelled like peppermint with a hint of soft musk. Perhaps the person adjacent to me was chewing some sort of gum, and was wearing musk-y perfume or something... but together, the smells reminded me of an earlier time. I can't say when exactly, but it was a pleasant smell from someplace familiar. Who ever knew that something that simple could provide a calming effect?

Well, I must go. Hopefully, I'll be back on here later reiterating the happenings of the day. For now, adieu.

No comments: