Saturday, January 7, 2012

Renewed Gratitude

"Yesterday was glorious. To some, it would seem like just another Wednesday... but when you're attending a church where there's no doubt of what you're called to do, it's like an adventure everytime. The Lord has brought 15+ teenagers into my life that have changed my world in so many ways. To be able to stand behind a microphone and hear their voices singing to the Lord is... incredible. They are gifts... truly. To be able to walk beside them and be a part of their lives is so far beyond what I deserve."

I wrote this in October, 2006. I think about this post from time to time and remember exactly where I was and how I felt when I wrote it. My heart was filled with intense gratitude. Now, five and a half years later, I am once again filled with gratitude. Not a moment spent with them is ordinary. The Lord, because of His awesome grace, has granted the opportunity to be a part of the lives of these teenagers, and it leaves my heart in complete awe.

No comments: