Monday, August 10, 2009

Wait

These past few weeks have been nonstop. Interviews, photo editing, figuring out those ever so illusive "life plans", time with JWF family, etc. Sometimes, I wish life would come to a screeching halt and allow me to catch up, but unfortunately that isn't the reality.

While time continues to run away, there are things in my mind and heart that I pray the Lord is changing... For instance, the patience I fail to exhibit when circumstances don't go as planned. I can't say that I'm very good at waiting on anything, and that quality only grows more sour as I get older. Things that I wish were in my grasp feel like they are unattainable sometimes... a relationship, a job, clarity...

I sometimes forget that when I ask my Father to teach me to wait, He's not likely to just drop that attitude of patience right into my heart... but instead, He often allows those who are His to go through the fire and learn the attitude of patience. Simply put: it's the process of refinement.

During these past few weeks... during the times when I've cried out to my beloved Lord as I've never cried out before... He's given me those little bursts of strength through His word and has reminded me time and time again that- He works all things out for good, that He'll be faithful to complete the work that He began, and that He has a plan for a hope and a future.

More than anything, He continues to whisper that bittersweet word that is oh so hard to hear: wait.

No comments: