Friday, March 21, 2008

Wow. I feel somewhat out of touch from the social world. This last week has been slightly insane. It was finals week, and I had a presentation to give along with a test yesterday. Thankfully, the test wasn't cumulative, so I could relax a little.

To add to that, I've been praying about something for what seems like forever now, and this past Wednesday, I finally got my answer. Needless to say, it was a very clear "No.". Talk about unexpected. I don't think it's had time to fully sink in yet, but every time I remind myself of my Lord's answer, it feels like someone is pulling my stomach out through my mouth. Yes... it's painful. To say that I'm over it, and that everything is okay would be a lie... but the Lord will bring me through this in His timing. With all that being said, even though He said "no", I'm still thankful for an answer. In His faithfulness, He heard me- and I love Him for that. My Father is truly amazing.

With that answer, there is pain, but there is also some excitement at the same time. To quote the proverbial nonsense "When God closes a door, He opens a window" would be ridiculous. Yet, I know that my heart was weighed down with anxiety, and now that His "no" has freed up any space consumed with questions, He will inhabit that space with something that I know will be useful. I'm anticipating growth... and when it comes down to it, that's all I want- to be closer to my Jesus and to be able to fully walk in stride with His word and His ways.

No comments: