Monday, January 28, 2008

My Lord, the God of Jacob

"'Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.' The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah." Psalm 46:10-11

The name "God of Jacob" means something entirely new after yesterday's Sunday school. I don't even look at the above two verses the same...

The Lord is a God that allows us to come to Him on a relational level. Jacob was a deceiver, one who was willing to wrestle with the Lord, but most importantly... he was human. Just like me. In all my humanness, the Lord allows me to come before His throne of grace and mercy and dwell with Him. Thanks be to the Lord for His love!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

its interesting to me how this was just a moment when 'you had to be there' the light just went on in the room and you could see everyone thinking 'ahh, so cool' what a great Sunday!